BI Launchpad login page, under username, garbage characters ‘U??0]W?T??bc’ are displayed intermittently.
Upon accessing CMC or BI Launchpad login page, garbage characters ‘U??0]W?T??bc’ displayed intermittently under username.
- The issue is intermittent and occurs even after clearing the tomcat cache and is observed across multiple browsers.
CMC, login, username, U??0]W?T??bc, garbage, junk, character, BI 4.2
Reason and Prerequisites
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
Steps to Reproduce:
Install the BOE Patch Build
Open any browser and bring up the CMC or BI Launchpad login page after the successful Installation.
Intermittently garbage characters ‘U??0]W?T??bc’ are displayed under username section.
Cause: Username was showing in encrypted string with the failure of decryption.
- This issue is fixed in the patches listed in the “Support Packages & Patches” section below.
The “Support Packages & Patches” section will be populated with the relevant patch levels once they are released.
For Business Intelligence Platform maintenance schedule and strategy see the Knowledge Base Article 2144559 in References section.
- Issue has been addressed in the latest versions (Above BI 4.1 SP08) of BOE and it’s known that issue will still persist if your are falling in any of the below upgrade criteria.
- Upgrading BOE from less than BI 4.1 SP06 Patch 08 to any latest version.
- Upgrading BOE from less than BI 4.1 SP07 Patch 04 to any latest version.
- If issue persists with above upgrade scenarios, then please clear your browser cache as the workaround solution.