How to disable persistent cookies for BI Launchpad or Infoview ?
- You may notice that whenever you go to BI Launchpad or InfoView logon page, these three items are populated after first successful login:
- Your CMS name and port number
- Your username
- Your authentication method
- How to disable persistent cookies in SAP BI Platform and SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise ?
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform ( 3.1 / 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 )
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to Infoview and check your browser’s cookies folder.
- This behavior is made possible through the use of persistent cookies.
Persistent cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive in the Cookies folder, under your profile name folder, and in the Temporary Internet Folder in your Windows directory.
Although these cookies do not store your password, some companies have stringent security requirements which prohibit this behavior. The use of persistent cookies on the InfoView logon screen is the default, however, if you want you can disable this behavior in either the .NET or the Java InfoView client.
In SAP BusinessObjects BusinessIntelligence Platform [SAP BI Platform 4.x (4.1, 4.2)] :
To disable persistent cookies for BI Launchpad and CMC web applications:
- If you do not already have a global.properties under the custom folder, copy the global.properties file from C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\default to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom folder.
Default location Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\ [default & custom subfolders]
Default location UNIX: <boe_install_path>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/warfiles/webapps/BOE/WEB-INF/config/ [default & custom subfolders]
- Edit the copy of global.properties in the custom folder [C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom].
Update the line as shown below and save the file. This setting was enabled (true) by default.
- Deploy the BOE war file using wdeploy GUI ( 1634285 ) or Command line ( 1608960 ). [For further info on deploying the Web Applications, refer to webapp deployment guide from the SAP Help Portal.
- [Optional] Restart Tomcat or your Web application server if required.
You have the option of making the above changes directly [Hot deploying] on your application server in the tomcat webapps folder [Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config].
However this is not advised (see SAP KBA 1615492 ) because these changes could get overwritten during an update or subsequent web app deployment. As such, it is best practice to make these changes in the warfiles folder as stated above.
In BusinessObjects Enterprise [ SAP BOE XI 3.1 ] :
To disable persistent cookies for .NET InfoView:
- Open the Web.config file for InfoView, from its deployed location:
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Web Content\Enterprise115\InfoView
- Find this string in the file:
<add key=”persistentCookiesEnabled” value=”true”/>
- Change the value for persistentCookiesEnabled from true to false.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart IIS.
To disable persistent cookies for Java InfoView:
- Open the web.xml file for InfoView, from its deployed location on your web application server.
On Windows, this is the deployed location:
On Unix, this is the deployed location:
- Locate this string in the file: web.xml
- Change the <param-value> for persistentcookies.enabled from true to false.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart your application server.
- If your web application server is on Windows, and you are using the version of Tomcat installed with BusinessObjects Enterprise, and you did not modify the default installation location, replace <DeployedLocation> with this:
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat\webapps\
- If your web application server is on UNIX, and you are using the version of Tomcat installed with BusinessObjects Enterprise, and you did not modify the default installation location, replace <DeployedLocation> with this:
- If you are using any other supported web application server on Windows or Unix, consult the documentation for your web application server to determine the appropriate path to substitute.
1615492 – How to preserve custom settings for SAP BusinessObjects Tomcat WebApps in Business Intelligence Platform 4.0 /4.1 / 4.2