How to enable Virus Scan Interface (VSI) for BI 4.2 SP4 and above
- Have the need to enable Virus Scan Interface for SAP BI 4.2 SP4 versions and above
- You have downloaded the Virus Scan Adapter (VSA) library from a SAP-certified vendor.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 with Support Pack 4 and higher versions
New Feature to BI 4.2 SP4
To enable virus scan in the input file repository server, perform the following (example starting with Input File repository server)
- Log on to the CMC.
- Navigate to Servers > Servers list.
- Right-click on the Input File Repository server, and select Properties from the drop-down. The Properties window appears.
- In the Input Filestore Service section, select the Enable Virus Scan checkbox.
- In the Virus Scan Adapter File Location field, enter the absolute path to the virus scan adapter library file.
- Choose Save & Close.
- Repeat above steps 1-6 for all File Repository Servers (Input and Output) across all nodes in the cluster.
- By default, virus scan is disabled for all files committed to the BI platform in BI 4.2 SP4.
- You can enable virus scan using either GUI or CLI. The command line argument you need to provide in the file repository servers for enabling virus scan is vsaFileLoc.
- You can follow similar steps to enable virus scan in the Output File Repository Server. If you have multiple input and output file repository servers, ensure to enable virus scan on each of the servers.
- You need to restart the file repository servers after you enable virus scan for the changes to take effect.