Get “HTTP status 500” error after click “Promote” button when importing a LCMbiar file
Promotion, AWNa, Y2M2V5Kkbb, OWHpGok, HTTP 500
Reason and Prerequisites
- Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 SP3 Patch 6, 7, 8
Steps to Reproduce:
- In source system, export some Web Intelligence documents, folders, users, groups and Access Levels into LCMbiar file using Promotion Management.
- Import the LCMbiar created in step 1 into the target system.
- Click “Promote” button.
- The following error occurs.
HTTP status 500 – javax.servlet.ServletException:
Com.businessobjects.lcm.utilities.LCMException: Either the Plug-in is missing in CMS, or the parent object is missing for the CUID=AWNa_Y2M2V5Kkbb_OWHpGok (or Ad7w68IutB5BjpD7G08DWC4).
*This issue only happen once, if close the tab, and go back to the job list and click “Promote” button again, this time it will be finished successfully without any issue.
- This issue is fixed in the patches listed in the “Support Packages & Patches” section below.
The “Support Packages & Patches” section will be populated with the relevant patch levels once they are released.
For Business Intelligence Platform maintenance schedule and strategy see the Knowledge Base Article 2144559 in References section.