How to Increase Array Fetch Size limit in SAP BO IDT
- How to increase Array Fetch Size limit greater than the default maximum value?
- What is the effect of increasing Array Fetch size?
- Error “Value out of range for field[Array Fetch Size]”.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.2
- Information Design Tool
Reproducing the Issue
- Create/Open relational connection.
- Try to increase Array fetch size limit to value ‘1001’
Note : Default maximum value is 1000
- Error appears “Value out of range for field[Array Fetch Size]”.
This is the Expected behavior.
Before attempting to set the Array Fetch Size to a higher value, it is important to note that :
- A higher array fetch size increases memory consumption for all queries, even those that return small results
- Webi has its own array fetch size optimization algorithm, which overrides the value you set in the connection in most cases.
- The limit for Array Fetch Size is defined in the driver .COD files, eg for ODBC :
Go to the Folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc”
- Search for file ‘odbcen.cod’ (en for english) and make changes as below.
- Relaunch IDT and try to increase the Array fetch size value, it works.
Be the first to comment
© 2017- Atul Divekar, All logos, trademarks, registered trademarks, images, and content are the property of their respective owners. This website is for educational and training purpose.