How to Increase Array Fetch Size limit in SAP BO IDT
- How to increase Array Fetch Size limit greater than the default maximum value?
- What is the effect of increasing Array Fetch size?
- Error “Value out of range for field[Array Fetch Size]”.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.2
- Information Design Tool
Reproducing the Issue
- Create/Open relational connection.
- Try to increase Array fetch size limit to value ‘1001’
Note : Default maximum value is 1000
- Error appears “Value out of range for field[Array Fetch Size]”.
This is the Expected behavior.
Before attempting to set the Array Fetch Size to a higher value, it is important to note that :
- A higher array fetch size increases memory consumption for all queries, even those that return small results
- Webi has its own array fetch size optimization algorithm, which overrides the value you set in the connection in most cases.
- The limit for Array Fetch Size is defined in the driver .COD files, eg for ODBC :
Go to the Folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc”
- Search for file ‘odbcen.cod’ (en for english) and make changes as below.
- Relaunch IDT and try to increase the Array fetch size value, it works.
Be the first to comment
© 2018- Atul Divekar, All logos, trademarks, registered trademarks, images, and content are the property of their respective owners. This website is for educational and training purpose. Feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to remove any content.