Recycle Bin accordion for the user is created in BI Launchpad only after the user has deleted something
- The ‘Recycle Bin’ is not visible under documents in BI Launchpad for the users.
- The behavior is same for default enterprise administrator.
- The behavior is consistent for administrators and non-administrator users.
- The Recycle Bin accordion is visible for the user after the user deletes something atleast once.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to Central Management Console (CMC)
- Navigate to Users and Groups >> Click on Manage >> New >> New User
- Once the New User is created, log in to BI Launchpad as this User.
- Access the Documents tab
- Note that there is no Recycle Bin accordion present.
- Now, delete any document from BI Launchpad.
- Logoff from BI Launchpad and log in again.
- Access the Documents tab and note that the Recycle Bin accordion should now be visible.
- Repeat the above workflow using a New User that is part of the Administrator’s User Group. Notice the same behavior.
- The recycle bin accordion appear under document tab in BI Launchpad for a user ONLY when a user has deleted something at least once.
- This is because, after a user has deleted an object at least once, the SI_RECYCLEBIN_FOLDER property gets updated for the user with unique SI_ID for every user.
- This behavior is by design.
- The user will be able to view the Recycle Bin accordian in his BI Launchpad, only if he has deleted an object atleast once.
- This behvaior is consistent across all the users in BI irrespective they are administrators or non-administrators.