Rights required for a user to access and perform promotions using Promotion Management [How-To]
- What are the steps to set rights on Promotion Management only for a specific user?
- Need to create delegated user / administrator to perform promotions
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
- Linux / Unix
Chapter 15 in the Administrator Guide describes the rights available for Promotion Management and how to set them.
To set specific rights in the promotion management application application, complete the following steps:
- Log into Central Management Console (CMC) and select Applications.
- Select Promotion Management >> Select User Security
- Select a user. You can view or assign security rights for the user.
- The following promotion management specific rights are available:
- Allow access to edit overrides
- Allow access to Include Security
- Allow access to LCM administration
- Allow access to Manage Dependencies
- Create Job
- Delete Job
- Edit Job
- Edit LCMBIAR
- Export as LCMBIAR
- Import LCMBIAR
- Promote Job
- Rollback Job
- View and Select BOMM (BusinessObjects Metadata) Objects
- View and Select Business Views
- View and Select Calenders
- View and Select Connections
- View and Select Profiles
- View and Select QaaWS
- View and Select Report Objects
- View and select Security settings
- View and select Universes
- The promotion management application access rights are set within the CMC.
- If you wish to assign rights to a selected user, select the appropriate right and click Assign Security.